A Checklist List for Change
Thursday, 4th August 2016
A CHECKLIST FOR CHANGE
How to tell if you’re Serious about Making Change in Your Life
We all do it. We talk about the changes we’re going to make in our life.
Things like; breaking a habit, or losing weight or getting fit.
But, more often than not, the talk doesn’t translate into action.
This checklist will show you (a) whether you’re serious or not and (b) if not, what’s holding you back:
- Do you accept that the change you want to make is solely your responsibility? YES/NO
- Do you believe that the change you want to make is possible? YES/NO
- Do you accept that setbacks and challenges are an inevitable part of everyone’s life? YES/NO
- Do you accept that how you respond to setbacks and challenges is your choice? YES/NO
- Do you accept that your thoughts have a powerful influence on your behaviour? YES/NO
- Do you accept that you can challenge and dismiss unhelpful thoughts? YES/NO
- Do you accept that achieving change involves effort and determination and persistence? YES/NO
- Do you accept that maintaining positive change is a lifelong process? YES/NO
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all the above - what are you waiting for? You are ready to make the change you want.
If you have answered 'no' to any of the above, then you know what you need to work on.